The seals material for a solenoid valve is an important role to ensure long working life for solenoid valve. Selecting the correct sealing material for your solenoid valve requires to consider below factors.
2）Temperature of the medium
3）Working pressure and burst pressure
XHnotion will describe the most common 5 seal materials available for solenoid valve.
1. Nitrile Rubber（NBR /Buna-N）
Main used for diaphragm, O rings and seal material, Suitable for air, gas, liquid, water, light oil etc, Fluid temperature -18℃ to 80℃. NBR is the most common and standard solenoid valve seals material. Nitrile Rubber is weak in terms of oxidising media such as acids and poor to resist the sunshine. NBR seals have a good abrasion and tear resistance.
(1) NBR seals are most commonly used with the following media: Water, Air, Different Fuels, Oils, and Gases, vacuum.
(2) NBR has a good resistance to:
(3) NBR has a poor resistance to:
2. EPDM Rubber (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer rubber)
Main used the temperature range above NBR, (Such as hot water, low pressure steam) suitable for the most of gas, liquid water. Fluid temperature -20℃ to 139℃. EPDM also has a good resistance to acids, alkalis and salts. However, if you require a product with a good resistance to oils, petrochemicals and concentrated acids, EPDM will not be suitable.
（1）EPDM seals are most commonly used with the following media: Hot /Cold Water, Steam, Air
(2) EPDM has a good resistance to: